PSCU Announces 2017 Board of Directors
CUSO appoints new chair and re-elects three CEOs to Board
St. Petersburg, Fla. – (April 27, 2017) – PSCU, the nation’s leading CUSO, has re-elected three members to its Board of Directors for three-year terms:
- Craig Esrael, President and CEO of First South Financial, Tn.;
- Frank Weidner, President and CEO of Wings Financial Credit Union, Minn.; and
- Terry West, President and CEO of VyStar Credit Union, Fla.
The PSCU Board election was announced during the cooperative’s annual business meeting, which was held during its Member Forum conference earlier this month in Desert Springs, Calif.
Dave Doss, President and CEO of OneAZ Credit Union, Ariz., was recognized for his two-year term as Board Chair. He will now transition to the role of Past Chair, with Jeff March, President and CEO of Citadel, Pa., taking over as Board Chair.
“Being governed by a board made up of our Member-Owner CEOs allows PSCU to be closely aligned with the needs of our credit unions and their members,” said March. “I would like to extend thanks to Dave on behalf of the entire board for his two years of service to PSCU as Board Chair. As a board, we remain committed to helping our Member-Owners compete and prosper in the payments arena.”
In addition to March and Doss, other board members now serving in executive roles are:
- Cathie Tierney, President and CEO of Community First Credit Union, Wisc. (Vice Chair)
- Gene Foley, President and CEO of Harvard University Employees Credit Union, Mass. (Treasurer)
- Sean Rathjen, President and CEO of Consumers Credit Union, Ill. (Secretary)
Continuing board members include:
- Cathy Pace, President and CEO of Allegacy Federal Credit Union, N.C.
- Kit Snyder, President and CEO of Consumers Credit Union, Mich.
- Rob Stuart, President and CEO, OnPoint Community Credit Union, Ore.
- Andrew Rosen, President and CEO of Hawaii State Federal Credit Union, Hawaii (Associate Director)
- Amy Sink, President and CEO of Interra Credit Union, Ind. (Associate Director)
The cooperative reported 5.5 percent growth in revenue for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2016. In December, PSCU issued a patronage dividend of $29.6 million to its Owner credit unions for the cooperative’s 2016 fiscal year operations. Since 1994, the CUSO has distributed nearly $465 million in patronage dividends to its Owners, with approximately half returned in cash.
More than 700 people attended the CUSO’s 40th annual conference, of which the annual business meeting was a part. The theme for PSCU’s 2017 Member Forum, The Story of Service, reflected PSCU’s commitment to delivering a seamless experience in every interaction and touch point with its Owner credit unions and their members. The agenda featured first-class keynote speakers, strategic insights sessions, senior and women’s leadership tracks, and the event’s signature evening of dining, entertainment and fundraising to benefit Children’s Miracle Network hospitals.
Established in 1977, PSCU (St. Petersburg, Fla.) is the nation's leading credit union service organization (CUSO). The company was recognized as CUSO of the Year in 2016 by the National Association of Credit Union Service Organizations. PSCU’s products, financial services solutions and service model collectively support over 850 Owner credit unions representing more than 20 million credit, debit, prepaid, online bill payment and mobile accounts; protect over 2 billion transactions annually from fraud; and optimize credit union performance and growth. Comprehensive 24/7/365 member support is delivered through call centers located throughout the United States. For more information, visit www.pscu.com.